Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Me Me Me and then the phone rang...

Teenagers are supposed to go through it. “Oh you’re ruining my life; oh, everyone’s after my freedom”…blah blah blah…well, I was in a great mood to write about this up until a few minutes ago when the phone rang informing me that I made it to the live writer auditions Thursday night. I’m stoked. And trying not to stir up too big a fire that it requires dousing.
I will offer a synopsis of what I intended to rant about.
I feel like a teenager with ‘nobody understands’ issues, like a female with attention issues, and a twentysomething with insecurity/misplaced dependency/uncertainty/expectation/PRIDE issues. And it’s frustrating because I’ve gone through the bare minimum as far as these “phases” are concerned (except pride…dammit). My life has been such that I’m fully accepting of the reality I own as child of God…I never disliked my parents (well, after they awakened to Grace and stopped legalistic parenting) and didn’t deal too much with friend or boy crap. Drama’s never been my cup of tea. I’m a coach not a playa. The doctor, not the patient. (Anyone for another metaphor?) Dad made mention tonight that the whole “teenager” thing was invented. Who said 16 yr olds (who had full families by driving age back in the day) had to be angst-ridden and rebellious and selfish? Somebody set that mold. Probably a pop culture icon. I really must research this. It’s very interesting.
Who said anyone needed education? Why do you ever have to be dumb or ignorant? In reality, we were born smart-with the smartest smarts and highest creativity.
Somewhere down the line, seemingly when ‘education’ meant power and upward mobility (in religious circles especially), people decided that literate fools were running nations and somewhere in the self grew a demand to institute internal nations where academic logic and reason could (rationally) rule over all else…even the deepest truths of the heart. The Greeks seemingly exploited heart-knowledge, turning it into a Rubik’s cube of philosophy…which is, supposedly, all about logic.
And then the Romans got a hold of it. And art. (renaissance and enlightenment…) And it became so popular for man to manufacture his own everything…and several of ‘his own’ became cultural trend: the dictation of society’s ebb and flow. And the contrived physical church that embittered the pungency of We, the Educated & Ordained vs. we, who are under your thumbs. Feudalism. I’ve always found that an interesting societal evolution. Why the hell did those peasant allow their lives to be harnessed by some bored, land-owning schmuck who claimed them? Um…death? Oh, wait, but that happened anyways…and then some cat didn’t do her job on that rat-invested ship…But I digress….

So I’m rather peeved that I’m dealing with this self-centered-cater-to-my-needs-nobody really-cares-about-my-troubles (which are SOOOO significant)-self-pity that is setting my thought life in such sludge. Nast. Then I try to stand up for myself: but I’m really not like this usually- I’m a confident chick who listens well and needs no affirmation or future certainties to make me whole. Feelings don’t run my behavior. I’m perfectly loved and accepted by my Father. What of the rest of it? You actually need someone to hug you and tell you you’re worth more than you think? Bah.
But I can’t buy that for long…and I hear admittance is the first step, so here it is, all who’ve dared read this far: I feel like shoe-scum and I’m sucking my thumb about it.
There. I said it.
Now, to bathe myself in Truth so I can live out my reality. Me-land sucks. And the only way out of me land is Over the Reclusive River and through the Wistful Woods. How, you ask? Others Highway. (alliteration didn’t work there…bum) When I think about you, I don’t think about me. And thinking about me is circling the drain.

2 Comments:

At 10:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think about you and it makes me happy because your my best friend and I love you! I just can't tell ya how excited I am to be Chelsie Harris' friend, and to be loved and welcomed as a part of your exciting life. You're going places, BIG places, and I'm so proud of you for being who you are and making your own way, as you have. You are C Dog and I hear you roar!

 
At 19:37, Blogger Lincoln said...

Hey well I have not read you blog in a while and I guess I just realized why...I have not been able to find my dictionary so I could not understand it....haha well anyways I wanted to comment on your final paragraph...that is awesome I totally agree and believe in order to get out of our crap we have to look at the needs of others. I preached something like this recently about vision and I believe that God calls us to help others for a two fold reason. 1. because the person is in need and needs help. 2. Because we are in need and need help and when we help others we get off ourselves and start relying of God. Good word I will try to think of a word that starts with O so that you can use it instead of others highway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home