Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Circling Endless

…In circles that only move forward;
it never seems to work that way for me
when I sit on a merry-go-round and spin thoughts.
I see a new patch of sky or a different tree when it stops,
but never move closer to the slide or the swingset.
Always on the same axis, at the same latitude and longitude;
but not this bizarre entity who insists on coming by when unwelcome
and taking leave while I’m still feeling hospitable.
It has an endless sky to soar and nothing, no mind, no playground, no merry-go-round
to contain it.
It chooses its speed and regardless of any natural or created notion
it perceives itself for me in
one, two, three, four, five, six, seven through 60 take-offs and landings,
And while I’m still spinning I know that it is flying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home